Systems for Project Development and Control
Solidly structured project controls are vital. The “Cockpit” of major capital projects, project controls systems allow clients to monitor, track and effectively manage the development and execution of capital projects, including schedule and budget.
The implementation of well-developed processes and systems will drive superior project outcomes.
Whether large or small, OM&A can tailor project systems and procedures to meet your exact requirements.
To this end, OM&A has entered into a licensing and support agreement with Enthalpy of Brisbane, Australia Under this agreement, in addition to access to their team of project specialists, we are licensees for their full suite of project management systems tailored specifically to owners and developers.
- Capital Investment System (CIS)
- The CIS is a methodology for achieving the successful delivery of investment outcomes.
- Built up through 30 years of “real world experience”, our CIS enables clients to understand the risks associated with a project investment and apply proven, rigorous processes to manage those risks.
- The System draws upon a Six Phase approach – from scoping to closure – to optimise our client’s investment choices and derive sustainable assets and businesses.
- More on CIS…
- Project Controls System (PCS)
- The objective of the Project Controls System is to maintain effective control of studies and projects and to provide motivation for Study and Project management teams to successfully complete studies and deliver projects which meet the overall objective stated above. The Project Controls System provides the processes necessary for achieving these objectives.
- The objectives will only be achieved if the Project Controls are well defined and implemented. The Enthalpy Project Controls System requires a set of Minimum Standards and Procedures to be adopted and incorporated into the Study or Project contractor procedures, applied by Enthalpy personnel in managing the Study or Project contractor, and included in the procedures for activities managed by Enthalpy directly.
- More on PCS…
- Contracts & Procurement System (CPS)
- The Contracts and Procurement System (CPS) mandates the approach that should be adopted for implementation of contracting strategies, followed by the tendering, award and administration of contracts. It provides the basis for investigating, evaluating, recommending and managing the contractual process.
- All activities related to preparation, calling and assessment of tenders and the award and administration of contracts shall be carried out in accordance with the policies of the CPS
- The CPS is made up of:
- Policy Statement and Manual – documents that mandate the systematic approach to contracts and procurement
- Minimum Standards – mandatory practices that must be applied during contracts and procurement phases
- Toolkits – recommended tools that help personnel apply the CPS
- Knowledge Portal – reference documents that assist with the application of the CPS
- Archived Documents – examples of contract templates
- More on CPS…